Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Vick Lobbies For Trade To Rams As Eagles Pick Up His Option

Post by Philadelphia Eagles jerseys
Unsatisfied with trade offers for third-string quarterback Michael Vick, the Eagles paid out his $1.5 million roster bonus Tuesday.Vick, meanwhile, wants to start in 2010 and went on a St. Louis radio station Tuesday to proclaim his desire to be traded to the Rams."I'm not saying it out of arrogance but out of confidence," Vick told WXOS-FM. "I think I can be the difference-maker on any team, especially a team like the St. Louis Rams, who need a lot of help and will get it based on their ownership and the general manager (Billy Devaney) they have who is a great guy and I know from Atlanta. "I just think bringing the right pieces in, putting the right players in the proper positions and giving them the opportunity to win, I think premier players could turn any team around. Yeah, I'm confident I could do that. ..."Me and Billy have a relationship that dates back to 2001-2002 and we were very close in Atlanta. We always talked, he always came and sat by me by my locker and he'd ask me what my thoughts were on certain things and we just always had open dialogue."I think the world of him, he's a great guy and he's been there for me throughout the last three years just communicating."If Vick were to be a starting quarterback in 2010, according to the St. Louis Globe-Democrat, he easily could reach $2.75 million in incentives on top of his $3.75 million base salary.Last week Vick said in a radio interview that he'd like to play for the Panthers, because they're close to his Virginia home and he'd get to face the Falcons twice a year. (He also likes their uniforms.)

No comments:

Post a Comment